At Ethan Crossing Recovery, we stay with our clients throughout their recovery journey. As part of our addiction treatment therapy, we use a combination of traditional therapy and holistic approaches. Our holistic treatment includes our yoga therapy program in Springfield, OH. Learn more about how yoga therapy for addiction can help you stay focused on recovery.
Benefits of Yoga Therapy for Addiction
Our yoga therapy program in Springfield, OH, uses a broad approach that teaches you a new way of thinking. We place an emphasis on maintaining the general well-being of our patients. Yoga is not a specific therapy for any illness. However, it can generally help you maintain your calm and think deeply about your lifestyle.
Yoga therapy for addiction puts you more in touch with your physical and mental state. You can use yoga to relax and decrease the pain and discomfort you may feel during detox. Yoga may even decrease the risk of a relapse. If you have chronic pain, yoga is a useful tool to cope with the pain and give you a sense of control.
How Yoga Can Help with Self-Development
In our yoga therapy program in Springfield, OH, we use intentional breathing to help you regulate your mood. Many experts believe that yoga can enhance your cognitive ability. With increased brain activity, you can learn to slow down your thinking and stay in the moment.
Yoga can also help with your physical and mental development. In turn, it helps you maintain control over your mind and body may assist you in overcoming substance abuse. The physical benefits of practicing yoga include:
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased flexibility
- Weight reduction
- Reduced risk of injury
- Balanced metabolism
- Improved muscle tone
- Improved energy and vitality
- Cardio health and circulation
- Better athletic performance
- Yoga for Addiction and Mental Wellness
By participating in a yoga therapy program in Springfield, OH, you may gain many mental health benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Reducing Tension: People who practice yoga often say they feel a calming of their spirit and freeing of their mind. It is an excellent way to keep the mind free of distractions.
- Restoring Flexibility: Positive benefits from yoga exercises include increased mental quickness. Attentiveness, alertness, and the ability to tackle problems with renewed energy stem from a flexible mind. Practicing yoga can recharge your mental energy. Therefore, yoga will help you live a productive life free of drugs and alcohol.
- Personal Worth: Yoga helps you face your fears in a healthy way. Learn to deal with feelings of frustration, insecurity, and avoid mental lapses of judgment. You can even use yoga to help you cope with mental illnesses.
- Life Skills: Yoga can help you relax, and the less irritable you feel, the easier it is to develop interpersonal skills.
Yoga Therapy Program in Springfield, OH
Yoga is certainly not a cure-all for all conditions. However, it has proven to be successful in our addiction therapy program. Yoga teaches you basic emotional and mental control. Additionally, yoga can reduce depression and anxiety, which are two common triggers for relapse. You can use it to stop or reverse compulsions that cause your addiction.
Many of us can become overwhelmed by stress and tension. Therefore, it is important to have an outlet for these painful feelings. Yoga is a great way to improve your physical condition while pursuing lifelong recovery. By developing your physical strength, you may gain a unique perspective regarding the real scope of your abilities.
When you are ready to take the first steps to recovery, accept the help available at Ethan Crossing Recovery. Our yoga therapy program in Springfield, OH, gives you a lasting skill that replaces substance abuse in your life. Contact us at 833.691.0736 today to get started so you can learn more about our center.