If you are struggling with addiction or substance abuse, it is important to seek treatment and an aftercare program from an alcohol addiction treatment program to help improve your quality of life. If you have already sought treatment for addiction, that is a great step in the right direction to achieve lifelong recovery from addiction. The road to recovery can be difficult, especially after you have completed treatment at a residential treatment program. That is why the need for an aftercare program is so important. If you are struggling with life after recovery, Ethan Crossing Recovery can help you through our extensive aftercare program to give you the support you need.
About Addiction Aftercare Programs
Many people first go through a drug detox center program for recovery. Detox is a great first step to achieving long-term recovery. However, it is not enough to simply enter a detox facility to remain sober. Many individuals must continue their treatment after detox through an outpatient treatment program for continued support after recovery. After you have completed an outpatient program or an intensive outpatient treatment program (IOP), we highly encourage you to continue your treatment with an aftercare program to help you avoid relapse. This is where you can use what you have learned in rehab and apply it to your everyday life to achieve recovery. There are different methods of aftercare, but the goals of aftercare are the same:
- Help you recover from substance abuse for a long period
- Find ways to prevent relapse after treatment
- Help you find rewarding passions and purpose
Ongoing treatment is essential in most cases as substance abuse can alter your brain and cause different psychological effects. These changes do not reverse after you have gone through treatment, and they can continue long after you complete rehab. Rehab aftercare programs can help you overcome the psychological and physical changes that you will go through due to addiction.
Help From Support Groups
Support groups are another great way to continue your treatment after residential care. Support groups and group therapy programs help provide ongoing support for those who are recovering and can help you remain sober. Participating in them is an excellent way to build up a community of resources. Different types of support groups include:
- 12 Step Therapy Program—A 12 step therapy program helps you build relationships and place a large emphasis on faith to achieve sobriety. 12 step programs include AA, SMART Recovery, and more.
- Non-12-step groups—Non 12 step groups are for people who prefer not to bring faith or religion into their aftercare. They offer the same support for those who want to achieve recovery in a group setting.
- Employee Assistance Program—An Employee Assistance Program offers help to employees who are in recovery and want to achieve more in their workplace. Employers will help their employees maintain sobriety and will provide help and support to connect them to these programs.
It is important to keep attending aftercare programs for continued support, especially if you are just starting on your path to recovery. These groups and programs provide you with a community of people for you to rely on throughout your recovery when you need some extra support.
Finding the Right Aftercare for You
The best aftercare program for you will provide individualized treatment that focuses on the care you need. At Ethan Crossing Recovery, our professional staff is here to provide support for you at every step along the way. We offer a variety of different treatment programs and therapies to help you remain sober. Contact us at 833.691.0736 today so we can help you live the life of sobriety you have always dreamed of.