If you suffer from anxiety, know that you are not alone. There are many types of treatment available that can help you manage your condition and live a fulfilling life. Read on to learn more about our anxiety treatment program in Springfield, OH at Ethan Crossing Recovery. Our team is here to help you get the help you need so you can overcome your anxiety.
What Is Anxiety?
Anxiety is the body’s natural response to stress. However, if you experience excessive worry, fear, or physical signs of stress, you may have an anxiety disorder. For example, maybe you are watching television with friends but suddenly begin to feel afraid. There are no reasonable causes for you to feel stressed in this case. Therefore, you could be experiencing anxiety. More specifically, you could be experiencing a panic attack.
There are many types of anxiety disorders. Above all, most of them involve excessive worry. However, each anxiety disorder features different symptoms and triggers. Thes different types of anxiety include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder. This disorder creates a near-constant undercurrent of fear.
- Social anxiety disorder. This disorder features intense symptoms of anxiety. Your anxiety is usually triggered by being around other people.
- Panic disorder. This condition causes brief periods of intense anxiety that trigger the fight or flight response.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder. Individuals with this disorder suffer from obsessive or compulsive thoughts. These thoughts usually result in repetitive behaviors to lessen the discomfort of anxiety.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder. PTSD stems from an individual undergoing or witnessing traumatic events.
Symptoms of Anxiety
In addition to the different types of anxiety you may be experiencing, you may also experience a number of different symptoms of anxiety. These include but are not limited to:
- Racing thoughts
- Fast heartbeat
- Intense worry
- Chest tightness or pressure
- Shaking or trembling
- Difficulty breathing
- Sense of danger or doom
If you experience any or multiple symptoms of anxiety, you may want to seek treatment to help you cope with them. Our anxiety treatment program in Springfield, OH will help you recognize your triggers so you can overcome your anxiety through a variety of methods.
How Our Anxiety Treatment Program Works in Springfield, OH
There are several treatments for anxiety. An experienced mental health professional can determine what type of anxiety treatment program in Springfield, OH is right for you. This could include either an outpatient treatment program or an inpatient treatment program:
- Outpatient Anxiety Treatment: This is the most common form of anxiety treatment. You will see a counselor in a therapeutic setting at regular intervals and discuss coping mechanisms for anxious feelings.
- Inpatient Anxiety Treatment: This treatment involves a full-time stay at a residential anxiety treatment center in Springfield, OH. You will be immersed in a calm, healing environment while you focus on learning to cope with anxious behaviors and emotions. Residential treatment typically involves individual and group therapy, as well as art, music, and exercise therapy.
While not every individual who suffers from anxiety requires inpatient treatment, many can benefit from it. Removing yourself from daily stressors and triggers brings relief and opens your mind to therapies. Additionally, at our anxiety treatment program in Springfield, OH, we offer a variety of medications for anxiety in addition to these programs.
Anxiety Support Groups
Many people who suffer from anxiety also benefit from attending online or in-person support groups. These groups also exist on social media so you can have access to a whole network of support. By talking to others who suffer from anxiety, you can learn more about your condition so you do not have to suffer alone.
Contact Ethan Crossing For Anxiety Treatment in Springfield, OH
Anxiety can be overwhelming and difficult to deal with alone. At Ethan Crossing, we focus on recovery that lasts a lifetime, and we offer several tools to help you get there. We have a dedicated calm room where we offer you the chance to get the help you need. This includes:
Reach out to us today at 833.691.0736 so you can learn about our anxiety treatment center in Springfield, OH. We are ready to help you overcome anxiety and live a life without stressful triggers.